4/24/09

Picture of the Day: In Control


Meet Zamir Ulhaq, 34 years old when this picture was taken (in 2001), originally from Faisalabad, directing traffic at Zarghoon Road, Quetta.

When I was very young (as young as my son now is), I wanted to grow up to be this man (or someone like him). And why not. This police cop wears a kool uniform, is obviously in control, has a whistle that he can blow whenever he wants, and people listen to him (well, some people, sometime).

Obviously, I did not know then just how difficult his job is and how under-appreciated he is. I do now.

(The photograph is by Vincent Laforet, first published in the New York Times, and found here).



Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Label Cloud

Latest Urdu News

Pakistan News

Sports News

  © Hum Hain Pakistani 2009

Back to TOP